Algoma Elementary Teachers is a northern local representing over 450 educators across 6 districts including Sault Ste. Marie, Central Algoma, North Shore, Chapleau, Wawa and Hornepayne. ETFO is the largest teachers’ union in Ontario with over 84,000 members.
Algoma Elementary Teachers’ Federation of Ontario
Program Adaptations for Multilingual Language Learners
“Learning the Curriculum while Learning English”
Register for the workshop below!
Learning the Curriculum while Learning English Workshop Registration
Program Adaptation for Multilingual Language Learners, presented by Neeru Sekhon.
Strike Vote, 2023
ETFO’s strike vote was successful in our unified drive to resolve provincial negotiations. Locally, it sends a message that we want serious bargaining to settle our district issues.Strike Vote, 2023.
The Team which hosted the Sault Strike Vote.
• To protect the local and provincial collective bargaining rights of all members
• To defend publicly-funded public education
• To serve the needs of the membership
• To provide for the professional learning of members
• To advocate for human rights in the areas of peace, anti-poverty, non-violence, equity and anti-racism
• To fight against anti-Black racism
• To advocate for the economic and labour rights of all workers
• To support international assistance and co-operation
• To advocate for the care and protection of the environment and actively engage in climate action
• To actively engage members in the Federation and labour movement
• To advocate for and protect the health and safety of members, both physically and psychologically